Wild Camping Equipment & Gear For Winter + Summer

My Ultimate Lightweight Wild Camping Gear & Equipment. This is my Wild Camping Gear and it’s what works well for me, everything has it’s pro’s and con’s but …

32 Responses to “Wild Camping Equipment & Gear For Winter + Summer”

1. Great vid mate your video's are truly amazing and you inspired me to do something with my life πŸ˜›

2. Emm… Thanks guess haha πŸ™‚ Glad you enjoy them.

3. Aye… But will be sorted for a good few years anyway πŸ™‚

4. Tanky Man says:

Nice Vid have been looking at down jackets but on a tight budget. what would be a good starting jacket either synthetic or down?

5. Loch & Cairn says:

Nice review Lorn. You've got some good kit there. How do you find the Jetboil? I've been using the Jetboil Zip lately and I love it. Also, love the Haribo Starmix. Why didn't I think of that. πŸ™‚

6. Down is the warmest, Synthetic wears out faster. Depends on what you will be using it for mate?

7. Love the Jetboil simple and efficient does the job well, best super noodles I've had cooked on it haha.
    Yeah that or starburst, keeps the mouth from drying up also on hot days πŸ™‚

8. Hi Lorn! Was lookin' into getting a self-inflating mat instead of a regular mat for camping. Do you find the self-inflating mats better to carry weight-wise and space-wise? Nice setup btw, but where's the whiskey? πŸ˜‰

9. paul mc says:

Good solid kit mate enjoy

10. Well last year I used a inflating mat, which I had to blow up myself I was tiny in size and hardly any weight very comfy.

The one in my video self inflates quicker to use but not as comfy and also weighs a good bit more.

So it's all pro's and con's, since I use a bivi and not a tent –
    Weather good then I don't mind blowing my other one up.
    Weather bad then I want a self inflating one quick to get camp made πŸ™‚

11. Great video bud. Love looking at gear. Could quite fancy a Jetboil for my next purchase. Bit pricey for what you get though, but if it works well then thats good money spent. Atb Mark.

12. Nice video mate… sorry from the U.S. Hard to understand everything you are saying. What is well or whale camping? Most of that gear I never even heard of. That down jacket looks very nice and warm.

13. Alan Gee says:

Excellent. Thank you very much for that mate πŸ™‚

14. Interesting to see your setup mate .
    Ive just invested in a whole new set of gear for wild camping on higher , more open ground so these are very useful , Thanks .
    One thing I have to say is that the Aluminium bottles have a lining on the inside to help reduce lingering tastes .. These coatingsΒ are destroyed when applied to high temperatures and those chemicals will be in the water .. I know using it on fires is just a backup , but I think its worth mentioning bud .
    Thanks again for the video , any tips you can give me on gear would be very much welcomed . Luke

15. Mark Taylor says:

Subscribed,What kind of socks do you wear for really cold weather?

16. Nothing about this kit is light

17. Great stuff love the Vids mate πŸ˜€ Tim

18. Some good gear there, building up my kit for my first wild camp so interesting to see what other people use.Β  Nice tattoos by the way! Karen

19. you have a nice gear. Great video!!…Greetings from Mexico

20. Is that four seasons sleeping bag a down bag?

21. Bobo says:

Aluminium is one of the greatest poisons of our time. Linked to many conditions and cancers and it's almost unavoildable. However I'd avoid it where possible.

22. cheers for the vids man …..been wanting to get out for a while with my boy now inspiring stuff thanks

23. Great info but pls pls pls stop figiting with every item..is there any need…i just about made it through your video as that was soooo annoying πŸ˜›

24. I like your sleeve man πŸ˜‰

25. tod315 says:

Good stuff! Thanks for the video. Do you usually pack enough water for the entire trip or do you treat it?

26. Slack says:

Just bought myself an Alpkit Brukit for Β£35, saw the reviews Vs the Jetboil you'd be a mug (no pun intended) to go for the Jetboil.
    save more money by making your own instant porridge, 70% basic oats 30% dried milk powder + a little brown sugar…easy!

27. Thanks for this helpful video – plenty of food for thought! Do you find that the "Jetboil" works OK in the Scottish Winter? In Summer I use an "ETA" gas stove, comes with a pan set that looks a bit like the "Jetboil". However, the top is a small frying pan. This comes in handy for cooking venison burgers – one of my favourite foods in the hills. In Winter, I still use the pan set, but team it up with a "Trangia Triangle", using gel fuel rather than meths. I also use the "Triangle" at any time of year if I am kayak camping, as the stove will probably get wet, which does not matter at all if you are using gel. A problem I find in the Scottish Winter is the shortness of the day. It is dark by 4 PM. if you get into your sleeping bag then, you wake up raring to go around 1 AM, and it is still dark for hours. I tend to use the network of bothies in Winter. You can get a fire going and have a good evening reading or whatever after dark.

28. Joe Davies says:

Are the tatoos essential equipment?

29. Great video mate..!! very helpful.