Update 45: Where Are They Now? (The Fam Update)

1568752082_hqdefault.jpg

Dixie shares updates on “the fam” and we flashback to some of their best moments and check out their summit pictures. AT Gear List: …

25 Responses to “Update 45: Where Are They Now? (The Fam Update)”

1. Rusty Nail says:

Very  nice video on the fam on what happen to them . I was wondering what to the people you met on the trail because I would see them and then the next thing I know you were hiking by your self again .and I stared watching your videos some where in the middle of them so I have been trying to catch up on the videos and I did not know that you had a dog with you  (  sugar  )   I am so sorry that your pet past . we lost our pet    ( Diesel   )  last year it still hurts we love him very much.     you take care.  rusty nail

2. Rusty Nail says:

I have seen you sitting on that big rock cliff edge in a few other pic  in different  videos it is a real cool looking pic . other people are using that pic because it is cool looking.

3. Brad Herder says:

Awe… the dog collar

4. Awesome, awesome, awesome series of videos! I spent the past four or five days binging on them each night and it sort of feels like I was there along the way. The fact that you started alone and wound up making some amazing friends was the best part. Thanks for taking the time to make these. I can't wait to see you take on the PCT.

5. so so sorry about Sugar. May You Always Stay Blessed Dixie, Love All your vids, peace and love from California , 🙂

6. James Tamlyn says:

Thank you for the fantastic videos! Really cool and inspiring stuff. What are your thoughts on going stoveless?

7. I have thoroughly enjoyed your adventures and appreciate your sharing with us all. I know the feelings you get from a hike like yours and watching your experiences have kept my adventures alive. keep up the great work and attitude. Bike-N-Hike.

8. Thane R says:

you should add this to the list it does not show up directly after 44, would hate anyone to watch all 44 and miss number 45, well done! such an amazing journey…

9. I cried at the end when you honored Sugar! What a beautiful journey! Can you do a second update?

10. Did Rigga solo hike as well?

11. Michael Dyke says:

Thanks for the journey Dixie…I love it…

12. Hugh Mad Bro says:

Where's rebel yell from? My Stepfather owns a transmission shop here in central PA!

13. Stone Cold says:

Sweet lady
    thank you for sharing this experience with all of us.

14. Dave Elias says:

Great Vids. I watched all of the AT vids in 4 Days lol

15. johnny mac says:

Dixie you have amazing energy physically and spiritually.

16. Dang it… I did NOT mean to be the 666th person to like this… 😉

17. Jim Gregory says:

There is nothing better than the love of a good dog.

18. Thank you again from Canada! Amazing group of people you were able to meet and bond with on the trail. It’s 2018 now and I hope all are doing well. Another fam update would be appreciated. Thank you to the Fam for inspiring me as well. Anytime, any of you want to visit Ottawa, Canada, look me up and I would be glad to take you for a tour of our beautiful city.

19. Leslie Gray says:

Tears in my eyes. Sugar would be proud of you…
    Congrats on completion of your long journey..

20. Henry Hawk says:

A beautiful Blue Tick Hound , Sugar was.
    Have you decided to cross that line yet on riding a motorcycle? 😕 If I don't see ya before, hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.🎄🎅🎁😯

21. Hey Dixie, I have been watching a lot of your videos and found this one. The guy you call Howzit(?) is my nephew. I picked him up in MA. Sept of '17 with a foot injury. I am hoping to start section hiking next year.

22. siphylaids says:

I don't typically post comments on YouTube, but I wanted to say thanks for the rad series of videos! I came across your channel while planning a trip for the West Coast Trail in Canada this summer and I've learned way more than I ever thought I would about backpacking. After watching a bunch of your informational vids I binge watched your whole AT vlog and it was awesome from start to finish. Much respect from Canada!