Update 27: Mosquitos and Bears in New Jersey

1565291478_hqdefault.jpg

Dixie is still playing catch up in New Jersey. AT Gear List: Take A Thru-Hike: Dixie’s How-To Guide …

20 Responses to “Update 27: Mosquitos and Bears in New Jersey”

1. Chad Holland says:

liking how there is more fear in your face from the mosquitoes than the bears 🙂

2. Erin Eubanks says:

Ah, Billy Joel. I think 'We didn't start the fire" and 'It's the end of the world as we know it' from R.E.M. remind us of our recent and not so recent past. Love it!

3. I happened to be on the on that bridge yesterday, driving though. Being that I live in NJ I've hiked to all of those overlooks shown and seen my share of bear. They are all over the place here. NJ actually has some nice places. Many people don't realize it's not all refineries and warehouses.

4. Haha My dad was a history teacher. He made his HS students memorize that song, and then write their own new verse. 🙂

5. John W says:

FYI, Delaware Water Gap is one the seven natural wonders of the world, not NJ.

6. Brian Miller says:

whats the tower called?

7. mikatu says:

gosh.. i would say I hate jazz music if jazz was even music…

8. We didn't start the fire!!! I know all the lyrics also haha

9. I'm asking the question to anyone who hiked the AT or have knowledge about it : does Dixie had more hotel nights than an average thru-hiker? Just wondering, because hotels in Canada (prov. of Quebec) are quite expensive (usually 100$/night, 50 if you half it with somebody else). Watching all the vlogs, it seems that Dixie is doing it a lot, must be expensive even if its worth it I'm sure! 😮

10. David says:

Did you ever get ticks? How did you deal with Lyme Disease?

11. I’ve watched every video on this playlist until now, and I’m looking forward to the rest of them. Thank you for documenting it. It’s inspiring.
    Be part of the greatest love story ever told….

God Loves YOU.

He loves YOU soooo much He pays attention to everything you do.

God Loves YOU soooo much He came down from On High (a place of infinite joy and happiness) to humbly take the form of a Human being. Walk through what it’s like to have to be cared for, eat, work, live.
    He then was wrongfully and painfully tortured, spit on and mocked. He was nailed to a cross and hung there… 9 hours… until His fleshly body gave out.

He did all of that… just to get closer to YOU.

God Loves you soooo much.

But do YOU Love HIM?

Admit to God that you’ve done bad things in your life. Things you can never take back. Admit to God you’ve thought things you know you shouldn’t have. Admit to God that you’ve said somethings you know you shouldn’t have. Admit to God you’ve done somethings you know were wrong. Admit to God that you have hurt people. Admit to God that you have done things that you know are wrong and you don’t have the power to make it right.

Confess that Jesus Christ is God. That He walked among us as the Christ sent by God to bring us back to Him.
    Profess Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

Get baptized by full immersion in water. Die to your old self and be reborn.

Pray to God for wisdom and Truth.
    Receive the Holy Spirit.

Trust the Holy Spirit that will dwell in YOU and Listen to nothing else.

May God Bless You and keep you safe.

12. We Didn't Star the Fire! It was always burnin' since the world's been turnin'!

13. Jennifer Z says:

I know this is a couple years late, but I have a few week long backpacking trips planned this summer in ny and pa. In June July and August. How hot or humid was it? Did it get cool at night? Trying to figure out what clothes and sleeping system is needed there. Thank you!!! Enjoy your new adventure.

14. I think you should carry mosquito repellent. Deet. – Thanks for sharing. I know it slows you down to film – don't trip!

15. Darling your killin' me with that tour of the great Apple Pie Bakery ………………… Y U M !!!

16. Time stamp 5: 45, The way your wearing your shoulder straps. It looks like your hiking nude or at least topless……………… LOL !!! just saying !

17. Long live Billy Joel !!!

18. Geri Tisdale says:

Misquotes always bother me. I will be outside for 5min and have a few bites on me that swell up immediately, but they won't bother my wife any. When we're out hiking, I typically have to either wear a long sleeve shirt, or long pants. I've read that they're attracted to specific blood types, as well. I never leave the house without bug spray, especially in the summer.

19. I used to live about 13 miles further into New Jersey from High Point State Park, but moved away to Florida in 2006. It is beautiful in that tri-state area.