Pacific Crest Trail 2017 | The Sierra (during a 200% above average snow year)

After finally leaving Kennedy Meadows I hiked about 50 miles north and got off via Kearsarge Pass into Lone Pine – cute, little western town where I was able to …

38 Responses to “Pacific Crest Trail 2017 | The Sierra (during a 200% above average snow year)”

1. Mitch Folcik says:

Youโ€™re not so awkward. A little bit, but not so much. I really enjoyed the editing of this video, particularly the way you synced (sunked?) up the music. Cheers.

2. vegan ist says:

You are a total badass. Your videos are like no other backpacker out there. Brilliant…!

3. Sierra 2017 – "the best six weeks that I never want to do again"

4. Pat Kithiraj says:

WoW ๐Ÿ˜ฎ!! Thanks for sharing. Awesome footage. I love the outdoors, but afraid of the cold ๐Ÿฅถ

5. Getting me SO PSYCHED up for PCT 2019!!!! Yaaaaay!!!

6. mars_hikes says:

This is just one of the best hiking videos ever. You, Neemor, Chaunce and John Z are the best videographers out there. Others may have spent years doing expensive formations, they are still years behind. The quality is so amazing it does discourage others to even try.

7. great video! its right up there with John Z

8. Omg I remember feeling like I was about to plummet to my death every step going up Mather Pass. I would do the Sierra section again in a heartbeat but COUNT ME OUT on Mather in that snow year. Awesome video!

9. TJ Horth says:

so glad to finally watch this

10. Randall Lake says:

You are the absolute best!

11. Wait. at 5:28 was the camp ice axe stuck there? because I lost mine there at exactly that spot.

12. metrosine says:

Going stir crazy here! Super jelly!

13. Free Freaks says:

I almost feel bad for hikers who didn't go through when there was snow. Looked so amazing. Good stuff!

14. Dave Elias says:

Good to see another vid. I guess it's the second trip over a lot of those passes… Seen Dixie in the water crossing ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for Sharing

15. Jason Sutter says:

Those flowers near showers lake in June ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

16. Cam Hikes says:

Something has to be said about good music on a hiking vid โค๏ธ Makes all the difference.

17. Gabi1342 says:

Happy to see you again! Great video, editing and music! Thanks for taking us along.

18. I hope you will do sierra gear review like the camp corsa ice axe, micro spike and bear can

19. Karen W says:

Outstanding! Wow…..anyone who made it through the snow that year has bragging rights for life. That was epic!

20. John Eason says:

2017 was an EPIC year to do the high sierras. You guys that did it are tough, endless snow, raging water crossing, and no visible trail to follow.
    Amazing video of trail life also, well done. Looks like a great trail family.

21. Great footage, well done on the editing and music…Strange the first thing I noticed was the HMG pack must be prior to the Palante pack change ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

22. Claire Hall says:

So beautiful! Canโ€™t wait for the next installment ๐Ÿ™‚

23. Homemade Wanderlust/Dixie sighting @ 11:20

24. seed sinde says:

inspiring and awesome, worth it to cross the entire planet

25. Paul Torres says:

awesome scenery from the mountain peaks and temperatures in the teens you guys did a great job , Your Sister Paulina was saying last week she was freezing at 69 degrees but then again she's in the Tropics of Hawaii , Now where's your brother in the desert? L.O.L… Awesome that the whole family is adventurous have a good day mija. Paul and Jill

26. geerhed one says:

Thank you for sharing this. Your editing and soundtracking choices are delightful. You are an inspiration.

27. Robert Casey says:

Looking forward to episode 4+ … keep 'em coming!

28. Dimo X says:

Gorgeous! If you ever hike in British Columbia hit me up! ๐Ÿ™‚ Check out some of my comedic hike vidz too! haha

29. RetroLPGames says:

It's insane how much and yet how little this reminds me of my hike this year! It all looks the same but then we had close to no snow in the Sierra this year around the same time. And heck I was proud of doing 20 miles in the Sierra ๐Ÿ˜€

30. Loved every minute of watching this. Nice editing, grading and music. Really gives out the feeling of the hike. You rock!

31. YERMO Adan says:

Glad I watched. Thank you

32. Rocky Road says:

We must have walked right past each other in 2017. I was SOBO on the JMT at the same time.

33. Loved this so much! Thank you and you should please do more!

34. Meg Hikes says:

Yayy. Loved your gear vid and Vegan food vid. Looking forward to your Nor Cal/Oregon one as Iโ€™m headed there in June this year!

35. Paul Torres says:

Excellent video the scenery the editing the music and the company you surround yourself with makes for top 10 video in our book we are in the Sierras Shaver Lake approximately 40 miles Southeast of Half Dome currently as I came up here for a two-week job commercial re model on a sports/ camping store for some friends and family in October and now this is the end of May time flies as I had scheduled to fly out the big island and purchase property near Michael and Paulina, May 28th is the current date and we had an inch and 1/4 of snow just a few days ago 5800 feet and this is crazy anyway be careful out there take care. Paul