Beginner Hammock Camping Part 4 – Knots You Should Know

There are ton of different knots out there but which ones should you know for hammock camping? In this video I go over a simple loop knot, prussik knot, becket …

12 Responses to “Beginner Hammock Camping Part 4 – Knots You Should Know”

1. After several subscribers told me (very nicely) that some of my knots were done incorrectly, I decided to delete the other video and remake it with the correct method. Thanks again for the support!

2. cgriggsiv says:

I will be watching this later on tonight after work
    Yes this is a very late reply

3. Wow man! Marshall halfstack….do you play in a band?

4. Pack Mule says:

Great video for the beginners for sure. Not only hammocks but most of these for any camping.

5. uptrail71 says:

Good job with the knot video! I used knots for my tarp setup before I started using Dutch's gear. A little off topic, but someone at the meetup told me that he had problems with the beetle buckles wearing fast through the hammock amsteel loop. It could have been just a bad one from Dutch or maybe it has happened to others also.

6. OldPackMule says:

Once again a great video. A few of these knots and some webbing and some good cordage and the beginner is set. Thanks!

7. Bob Preis says:

Creating a loop at the end of a line can be done with an overhand knot, but it’s much harder to untie it than a figure 8 or bowline which aren’t much harder to tie.

8. Somebody's been listening to SHUG!

"On the knot, NOT on the toggle; on the knot!"

9. Daniel A says:

What kind of rope do you recommend considering you dislike paracord?

10. Great video! I especially liked the Becket Hitch! It seems more straightforward and less prone to error than the Marlin Spike knot. Thank you for taking the time to re-record your video! I know they're a lot of work.