Banff National Park – Climber Rescued on Cascade Mountain

First-hand video footage of Visitor Safety Specialists from Banff /Yoho/Kootenay National Parks conducting a technical helicopter “long-line” rescue. The lead climber of a rock climbing party…

26 Responses to “Banff National Park – Climber Rescued on Cascade Mountain”

1. This is Incredible! I cant wait to get my High-angle and Paramedic so I can short-haul for the US National Park Service!

2. Really good video but..
    The rescuer was not wearing latex gloves during patient treatment.
    grave mistake!!

3. That's an impressive SAR team

4. Kiran Kumar says:

Appreciate! And a great Respect to you guys….Cheers!

5. Caver461 says:

Wow – their work is unbelievable. obviously a calling

6. That climber is very lucky he landed on that small outcropping.

7. If they are stuck in climbing they or the rescuers can call on Creator to get them off the cliff. If they have their Soul with them they can fly as people or get shape-shifted by Creator into Eagle or Hawk to fly off the ledge or Mountain Goat if they want to keep climbing. They can also be Orbed off the ledge if they are Body-Mind-Spirit. And God save my Soul will get their Soul back if it is here or they say God orb me and they will end up here in my house in the future if they lost their Soul here in the house of a Mind Hit by the Mob and God is sorting everyone out. If they are clones they will die anyway and they should be clone popped and Christ will remove them from existence. They could fall and pop at the bottom.

8. walperstyle says:

Pretty cool guys.  Good work!

My Rig Rescue ticket means nothing compared to the wild stuff you do.

9. mrobb davis says:

Comment ?  Awestruck – unable to describe the work of Safety Specialists

10. mookerthekow says:

Awesome video. Looks like a great job.

11. Nice job but it seems odd that the rescuers are only attached to the anchor with a single sling and not with a redundant system. They probably know what they are doing but I wouldn't mind having a daisy chain and a rope attached to the anchor if I was them.

12. Arduous Ant says:

This is an awesome video 😀 Im definatly subbing, i will try to visit your channel regularly from now on 😀 if you can do visit my channel! That would be awesome!! 😀 Until next time and keep up the great videos! Peace

13. Brian M says:

nice to know you guys are out there, never plan to use you but nice to know.

14. Maine NOVI says:

15. great job guys very professional

16. Can't believe a man could seat by a cliff for such a long time.

17. Jack says:

I'm to ocd to be a climber there belts and gear always looks to chaotic and unorganized I'm sure there is a method to the madness but I don't understand it.

18. For every kind of compliments.. is how you saved a man well done guys, huge respect … God bless you !

19. Jim Benson says:

Thanks Parks Canada!

20. rusty nuts says:

what a waste of public resources. was this climbing team sent a bill?

21. reicirith says:

Holy crap… What do they have the line hooked up to on the helicopter? How were they able to lower it so gently?