AT ’19 Thru Hike Announcement Trailer

After 2 years of dreaming about it, you all have helped me decide to attempt a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. More details to follow with a new playlist.

28 Responses to “AT ’19 Thru Hike Announcement Trailer”

1. OTT MOUNTAIN says:

Really high quality edit on this short video! Long-time subscriber, first time commenter…We've been dreaming of doing the AT for years – but will be happy following you along brother. Looking forward to following your journey

2. Yeah man! So happy for you! You're in for one hell of an outdoor adventure!

3. Grimes Music says:

Can you talk about how you planned and how to handle it money wise cause I would love to do it but don’t know how I could possibly afford it.

4. Can't wait to follow your adventure. Maybe one day it will be my turn.

5. Awesome trailer for your ultimate adventure (so far)! So awesome man, I’m psyched for you!

6. Mom & Me says:

I will be attempting thru hike next year also, good luck

7. boulder89984 says:

Jason becomes the new Hiker Trash 2.0!

8. Jae Luna says:

Dude that's awesome! Can't wait. You have the best backpacking channel and I'm looking forward to your next adventure.

9. Nice Video. Good luck and have fun.

10. Sal Monella says:

It was only a matter of time. I've watched all of your videos. You are the one who sent me and my daughter to West Rim in PA. Great adventure for us. I read in the comment section that you have a future playlist to answer questions. One of your videos (Superior Lake Trail ?) you mentioned your problem of getting decent sleep so your future plan of hiking the AT was put on hold. Let us know how you worked that out. Best of luck on the mind numbing prep. Safe travel. If I see you doing anything stupid on the trail I'm calling your mother.

11. Frozen, I am a 65 year old woman, sedentary for years, recently retired. I started walking for exercise, slowly building up to 2-4 mile hikes in state parks. Still nothing compared to the trips you make, but when the weather keeps me home I walk on the treadmill while I watch your channel. I wanted you to know that you inspire me.
    I am so excited to see that you’re doing the AT. All the best to you.

12. Sal Monella says:

Let us know how you are handling the medical insurance issue. That's a huge deal for thru hikers not married and unemployed. I'm guessing you will be both.

13. Pumped, I know you can make it

14. Katy says:

I'll be out there next year, too! Hoping to start late March/ Early April! Can't wait!!!

15. Rat and Cat says:

That's a serious endeavour. Commendable.

16. Rob Marley says:

I am really looking forward to watching this. I have been following your YT channel for a long and this seems like the natural "next step" for you. You will find your own adventure on the A.T. for sure in 2019.

17. I'm excited for you. It's going to be a good adventure!

18. mary Harbin says:

if you need help or anything near port Clinton pa let us know. we watch your videos and we are willing to help. even if it is to just resupply

19. Vaughn Black says:

OUTSTANDING!!!  Go for broke my Man and Best of Luck to you. I plan on doing the Arizona trail spring of 2019. Tired of hiking in all this Pennsylvania rain, need some desert time

20. Sam Smith says:

I think I'll wait until it comes out on blu ray lol

21. Bree Tyler says:

Very cinematic. Lol.

22. Mike Ofca says:

Congrats on pulling the trigger and chasing that dream! Good for you, man! I'm a fan of your work, I've watch lots of your videos, and I'm an outdoor and hiking enthusiast also from the Pittsburgh area. I live in Weirton and I've hiked at Raccoon Creek a few times. If you have time check out the Glacier video I just uploaded on my channel. We took our 5 year old daughter she did 19 miles in 2 days lol! Any plans to hike out west?

23. I'm so excited! Can't wait to be a part of your journey! So happy for you!
    Love from Germany 😊

24. halicon74 says:

good luck, I live near carvers gap in TN one of my favorite places to hike

25. Lake 13 says:

I watch 2-3 AT Thru hikers every year! I will be watching for sure.