5 Best Hidden Swimming Holes of Southern California

Find more great swimming holes in these recommend books- Swimming Holes of California by Timothy Joyce: Day Trips With a Splash …

44 Responses to “5 Best Hidden Swimming Holes of Southern California”

1. You might like these EXTREME swimming holes on top of waterfalls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhY4ycmhoGM&t=20s

2. Jsm madrid says:

man thanks Jesse for this, you've been a guide to my friends and i on some of the hikes we've done so far this year…

3. T. T. says:

Youre content makes me so excited for this upcoming summer. Thanks for all the ideas

4. angel wings says:

Excellent video! Thank you for telling us about these amazing places! So fun to see all these waterfalls and swim areas! Amazing landscapes! Looks like so much fun!

5. v Rico says:

Just found your channel and this is great

6. v Rico says:

Take me with on your adventures XD

7. Great videos man keep it up:)

8. I love how truly hidden these places are!

9. Oh wow beautiful footage! Great info.

10. Love that you find all these off the beaten trail water/swimming holes. I would love to go camping back there for a weekend and just relax and swim. Anywhere theres some cliff jumps count me in. Great video, keep it up Jesse 🙂

11. The Journey says:

As always killing it with these swim holes! Looks like fun days out in the sun!

12. Wifesquared says:

Awesome, I lived in southern cali for almost my whole life and I only have been to two of these places. Looks like time for a road trip.

13. Shane Sisco says:

I just watched this video on most dangerous places to swim and half of them were swimming holes. This helps me out on wanting to go to one

14. Alex Romo says:

where is saphire pools?

15. CalliVol says:

Just cuz you find lil hols you can swim dont make them a "swim spot"

16. in #4, you mention "Granite" pods, but the video looks a bit more metamorphosed than real granite. Perhaps some Gneiss in there?

17. Filia says:

Great places to explore, I've been wanting to see new places in california that havent been defiled by people.

18. I wish i had time to treck to these places

19. RC Hunter says:

Uhhj deep Creek anyone?

20. SERVISONE says:

Have you ever seen any wild horsetail plants growing in any of these places? Would like to forage for some in the So Cal area!

21. HARD ENDURO says:

Very nice. I will be taking my daughters out here to explore. Thanks

22. Will P says:

af least you dint have to worry about aligators !

23. Bong Bong says:

Hey Jesse you need to go back at Stoddard Canyon Falls in Mt Baldy. I was there this morning and there's a lot of water at the natural water slide and the waterfalls. Check my video.

24. please keep your california people away from nevada! lol.

25. jereisluke says:

2:02 That does not look like a good swimming spot. Some of these places look to be little more than small pools in a creek and not really much in the way of swimming holes.

26. C-Note Mac says:

Have you been to tar creek in the Sespe?

27. ughsaaam says:

How deep is holocomb? I don’t know how to swim but I really want to experience this

28. Love the mountains around LA, however spot #3 in Topanga looks stagnant. Be cautious and avoid swimming in that kind of water as bacteria and mosquitos are no joke, not to mention the rattlesnake hazards. I love swimming in the Sierras or the ocean -always cautious there as well.

29. Awesome Alie says:

I would want to reveal the best hot spring where naked people camp but its so nice I would like to keep it to myself.

30. The North fork of the American river in the mountains of auburn is so nice the water there is so clear

31. Genius Zeal says:

When a person practices yoga, it brings a kundalini demon spirit that wraps around the spine, and it can torment you. A kundalini is a spiritual snake that can wrap around the spine, and it makes the person dumb and stupid. Ask god to show you how to get freed from it, and ask god to show you if that is true. You need to tell god you are sorry for practicing yoga from when you first started to now.

32. MSTR_ Antz says:

Hi been Watching you for a while now and wonder if you ever check out these falls / Harding Canyon Falls ( Jungle Adventure #2 ) Not a trail that we hiked we just followed it the Creek bed up

33. CJ Schmitt says:

Not secret anymore! This is the problem with this…posting shit globally and socially just increases traffic and ruins these places.

34. graveyard63 says:

Anyone know the address to topanga time tunnel? I want to go there, thanks

35. Hiram Abiff says:

I COULD PEE A BIGGER STREAM THAN MOST OF THOSE. I NEED AT LEAST 10 FEET OF WATER TO SWIM IN AND THE VISIBILITY MUST BE 100 FEET OR MORE. TRY ICE HOUSE RESERVOIR EAST END. DEEP AND VIS OF 200 FEET OR MORE, NORTH FORK AMERICAN RIVER AT TOD VALLEY = 50 FEET DEEP AND 100 FEET OF VIS. ALSO FULL OF GOLD NUGGETS SOME OVER AN OUNCE SO BRING A ROCK HAMMER.

36. Praise to our Father God and His Son Lord Jesus Christ for a wonderful creation 🙏❤️🕊💦🌳⛰💐Lord Jesus Christ is the way the Truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Him🙏❤️🕊 Repent, believe in the Gospel

37. Nae says:

How many miles up is the Rancho Cucamonga Sapphire Pool? thanks!

38. Those streams swimming holes remind me of my home country ( grew up in the Alps). Amazing video. I really loved it 👍🏻👍🏻

39. John Doe says:

Deep Creek, Lake Arrowhead is nice. I used to go up Angeles Crest to a place where you had to climb down and enclosed ladder to an area that had really cool places to swim.

40. Qyulo says:

@2:30 I tried finding the switzer picnic area. Are you referencing the picnic area around Lake Arrowhead? Or the falls area just a bit north east of LA?

41. T F says:

I can’t find the 2nd location, can u give the exact address please!😭

42. Ai FG says:

five Great location Just Perfect Thank U man The Water Falls on Each And Well Reverserd Location Thank U

43. 21AFD says:

Cedar Creek falls…3 sisters falls..and Green Valley falls. All in S.D. county….Much better spots. In my opinion.